Tuesday, June 13, 2006

ABIDE WITH US --
GOT MY ENGLAND FLAG


My car is now masquerading as the vehicle of someone who cares about the World Cup of Soccer [read: FOOTBALL]. I can't say that's exactly accurate. I watch some, but don't knock myself out to follow its progress. However, it's fun to cheer for England amid the plethora of Italian and Brazilian flags that dominate the local scene.

Mostly, t
hough, it gives me a rare chance to sport the emblem of THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR, not to mention the whole CRUSADER thing. It's delicious. I encourage it. Americans especially, who pay precious little attention to soccer (that's FOOTBALL, folks), should embrace this opportunity. Indulge yourselves.

[Frightening factoid: Google "England soccer" images and you
get an x-ray of David Beckham's right foot. This is not healthy.]

No comments: