Tuesday, February 03, 2009

[updated]

DANIEL PEARL, seven years ago today


His father, Judea Pearl, remembers Daniel's murder, and wonders how we have to come to a place where "our luminaries" are becoming terrorist apologists.






THIS JUST IN:

DASCHLE'S OUT

Give me an S, give me a C,
give me an H-A-D-E-N-F-R-E-U-D-E.


It is a point of great pride for me that I gave my hundred bucks to help elect John Thune to the South Dakota Senate seat in '04. I haven't been entirely thrilled with Thune in the interim, but he was better than the alternative. (Which is not to say that there haven't been some days during the reign of Harry Reid when I could have wished for a return to Daschle's dulcet tones and more or less thought-out sentences.)

What a sinking feeling it was when I learned that Daschle was set for a return to the public eye and the public trough. But no -- his tax-cheating hypocrisy has felled him, and he done fell on his sword. Bye-bye, birdie.

And bless the Internets and the YouToob -- their contribution to this moment, by not allowing Daschle's own words of self-promotion and preachitude in years past, to stay at rest in the memory hole. Brought back to light are Tom's Washington Commute in his beat-up old Pontiac, and his pontifications on The Evils of Tax Cheats from the Senate floor. Watch and learn!


Enjoy, From Power Line:

OBAMA'S TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD,
VERY BAD TEN DAYS


55 dead and counting, from midwest weather --
"They're so poor, and so white....
"
From American Thinker:

OBAMA HATES WHITE PEOPLE, AND WANTS THEM TO DIE

No comments: